As mentioned last month, as part of our 50th anniversary celebration we are going to support a charity each month.
Some will be national charities and others local charities in Cheshire and Anglesey. We are starting with the Alzheimer’s Society for February. The idea is that for every 100 ‘Likes’ on our Facebook page, we will donate £100 to that charity.
We hope you will help us raise money for these important charities.
Some financial tips – are you claiming all the money you’re entitled to?
Age UK estimates as much as £3.5 billion in monetary benefits remains unclaimed by older people every year.
- Attendance Allowance – If you have an illness or disability and you have to pay for extra help at home, you could receive £55.65 a weekif you need help in the day or the night and £83.10 a weekif you pay for someone to live with you.
- Carer’s Allowance – The main welfare benefit to help carers and you don’t have to be related to or live with the person you care for to claim the current amount of £62.70 per week.
- Pension Credit – This is an income related benefit to give you some extra money in retirement. If you’re on a low income or struggling to make ends meet, claiming Pension Credit could help. It comes in two parts and you may be eligible for one or both parts:
- Guarantee Credit which can top up your weekly income to £159.35 if you’re single or £243.25 if you’re a couple.
- Savings Credit if you have some savings or your income is higher than the basic State Pension. You could be entitled to £13.20 extra per week if you are single or £14.90 if you’re a couple.
New rates will take effect on 1 April 2018. Call Age UK’s free advice line on 0800 169 6565 or visit www.ageuk.org.uk/benefits for advice.
Anglesey Home Care
The new website is now live.
Please go to www.angleseyhomecare.co.uk for further information.
If you would like to discuss the many home care options available please call us on 01829 260280.