Bunbury Care Agency
- Job Ref: A651N
- Location: Tarvin, Cheshire
- Job Type: Live-in; rota-based
- Wages: £660 per week plus 45p per mile travel allowance
We are looking for a highly-skilled carer for a gentleman of 90 with emphysema. The client suffers from shortness of breath and has to take things slowly as there are mobility difficulties. This client requires some personal care but intends to stay as independent as possible. The ideal carer will be attentive to the specific needs of the client, who has a personal routine that he likes to adhere to. There is unlikely to be any night care but a carer is required to stay as a precaution. A driver is non-essential however there may be a car provided.
Working for Bunbury Care Agency
Our live-in rota runs from a standard 7 day booking, which can be extended based on your availability. The Bunbury Care Agency offers flexible working hours to suit your availability within the month. Our rota based system ensures that you have your monthly bookings allocated and sent to you a month in advance therefore we can work around your personal needs.
Our carers are expected to maintain the dignity, respect, lifestyle and confidentiality of the client at all times, with particular regard to assisting with:
- Dressing and undressing
- Bathing, washing, shaving and oral hygiene
- Toilet and continence requirements
- Medication requirements and other health-related issues
- Manual handling
- Hygiene and awareness of infection control
- Eating and meal times
- Handling personal possessions and documents
- Entering the home, room, bathroom or toilet
Experienced carers only please as we require up to date certificates and training documents. Successful applicants will be asked for two written references from previous positions in the care industry.
A full UK driving licence is desirable.
Please specify if you have any of the desired experience and to what level of training:
- NVQL2 or higher (or the equivalent of) in health and social care
- Moving and handling
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Infection Control
- Dementia Care
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid
- Medication administration
- Catheterisation experience
- PEG Feeding
- Mental Health
- Palliative Care
All applicants are subject to a DBS check. If you are with the update service please can you let us know in advance as this will speed up the application process.
To apply for this position please register here.
Successful applications will be contacted via email and issued a registration form.Register with usReturn to all vacancies
To find out more about working for Bunbury Care Agency please see our recruitment page.