Bunbury Care Agency
Gentleman in his late 90’s who not very mobile and need daily carers to assist the live in carer with moving and handling and provide a carers break cover.
Job Ref: B140N
Wage: £14.50 per hour weekdays, £17 per hour weekends + 45p per mile travel expenses
Location: Malpas, Cheshire
The Bunbury Care Agency specialises in providing help and support for the elderly and vulnerable who may suffer from the following conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mental Illness
- Palliative Care
- Personal Care
- Motor Neurone disease
Carers MUST have up to date training and provide the relevant certificates.
The following categories are mandatory:
- Care Certificate
- Moving and Handling
- Infection Control
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid
All applicants must have insurance and a recent DBS certificate, or be on the update system. New DBSs are done through our ‘Umbrella Body’ and insurance can be arranged through the Agency’s online system along with additional training.
We expect our carers to maintain the dignity, respect, lifestyle and confidentiality of the client at all times, with particular regard to assisting with:
- Dressing and undressing
- Bathing, washing, shaving and oral hygiene
- Toilet and continence requirements
- Medication requirements and other health-related issues
- Manual handling
- Hygiene and awareness of infection control
- Eating and mealtimes
- Handling personal possessions and documents
- Entering the home, room, bathroom or toilet
- £14.50 per hour weekdays, £17 per hour weekends
- Flexible working hours (10 – 30+ weekly)
- Approximately £1,500+ per month
- 45p per mile travel allowance
Bookings start at 1 hour and can include multiple visits to each (Morning, Lunch, Tea). Allocated bookings are provided around your personal schedule ensuring your availability to attend to your clients. Each carer will have several regular clients that they will visit each week. Ideally, we would like applicants to commit at least one weekend a month to their clients, however we at the Agency are more than flexible when personal circumstances prevent this. Our Carers work together using our detailed diary system to ensure the best possible and most efficient care and companionship is offered to our clients.
When joining our family of carers you can rest assured that our expert administrative team is always on hand to help wherever needed, in order to support you in your career as a Bunbury Carer.
Benefits of being a self-employed carer
Did you know that if you are self-employed, your costs can be deducted from your income?
You could claim up to £10,000 worth of expenses, such as:
- phones, laptops, iPads & broadband
- training, police checks & insurance
- PPE & clothing
- mileage, car repairs, parking & public transport
The agency will support you with all the necessary guidance and advice regarding your tax return. Being self-employed means you will pay considerably less tax and National Insurance, which is increasing for employees in April.
Benefits of Working with Our Agency
- There are no registration fees required when joining our team
- Carers are paid directly by their clients every week
- Renewal of training certificates can be completed through our agency’s online system
- Highly flexible working hours
- Local clients
- 24/7 agency support
Applicants who meet our criteria, will be contacted immediately to arrange an initial interview.
To apply for this position please register here.