Carer Recruitment Procedures
As one of our ‘Rosy Rota’ carers, you are expected to maintain the dignity, respect and confidentiality of your client at all times. Not everyone is able to care for the elderly. We believe it takes a special type of person to commit to the welfare of elderly people and we expect all Bunbury carers to have that empathy, kindness and consideration.
Having taken full details of your care experience and carefully checked and assessed your references, we will use our best endeavours to obtain suitable clients for you, however there can be no guarantee. Where possible we like to carry out face-to-face interviews. If this is not possible, detailed telephone interviews will take place and then you will be asked to meet us as soon as you are in the area.
We cannot offer any vacancies unless you have fully complied with our registration requirements.
In order to register you will need to provide the following documents:
- CV or letter listing full employment.
- Certificates for Moving & Handling, Food Hygiene, First Aid and Medication Administration as a minimum.
- Photocopies of any other relevant qualifications e.g. NVQ, City & Guilds, Nursing, Caring, Cooking etc.
- Two written references from your most recent employers. We cannot accept references from family members.
- Written declaration from yourself that you are in good physical and mental health.
- Written declaration that you are self employed, pay Tax and National Insurance along with your National Insurance.
- Valid Public Liability Insurance Certificate. If you do not have insurance, you can apply on line through the Agency’s provider, which currently costs £84.80 and is valid for 12 months.
- Photocopy of your Passport & Driving Licence (please copy both parts) NB: If you are not a British National we must have a copy of your Passport, Visa and working papers.
- Two recent passport size photographs of yourself.
- Copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement addressed to you confirming your current address.
DBS Information (Police Check)
- If you have paid for a portable DBS we are able to check it online. If not you will be required to take out a new enhanced DBS with our Umbrella Body.
- You will be required to send original documents. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Once your documents have been authorised by the Agency, they will be returned to you by Recorded Delivery.
- Your application will be processed by our Government Registered Body and will be valid with our agency for 3 years.
- The Fee is £65.60.
- We operate an on line application system which can also be accessed via our website. Please be patient because time schedules depend on the Police Authority.
- We cannot offer you any vacancies until your Disclosure Certificate has been issued.
For your DBS application, please follow this link: DBS Application
We recommend our preferred supply, ‘Protraining’ who provide up to date training on line. The courses normally cost £30+VAT. We have arranged a discounted price for Bunbury Carers of £24.95+VAT for the courses listed below:
Please contact the office on 01829 260280 for your discount code before you register with Protraining.
DBS (Police Checks) – DBS Application
Our Elderly Care Declaration
- All Carers must abide by the Agency’s Code of Conduct.
- The Agency is in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your details are only divulged to your Carers and Agency staff, as required. All information held on you will be safely and confidentially stored in accordance with the Act.
- The Agency is an Equal Opportunities Agency and complies with current legislation including the Sex Discrimination and Race Relations Act.
- We are a Domiciliary Introduction Agency and were registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission). Unfortunately, in 2010, The Health and Social Care Act 2008 replaced the Care Standards’ Act 2002 and as a result, Domiciliary Introductory Agencies are no longer required to be regulated. However, we continue to abide by the current CQC standards and regulations as outlined in the new act as much as is possible.
- Instead we are full members of the UKHCA (United Kingdom Domiciliary Care Association) which is the largest trade organisation supporting care for the elderly in their own homes. This now enables us to provide a completely private and independent care service to our clients which give them the choice on how they wish to be cared for in their own home.