Could you benefit from home care services?

Could you benefit from home care services?
January 31, 2015 Sarah Green

If you think your relative or friend is struggling, or not receiving the care they need, you can take action to put things right. Your approach will depend on their current living situation. It sounds obvious, but the key is to talk to your relative. Make time to sit down with them and chat about how they are getting on. They might not want to bring up the subject of care themselves, but may respond to gentle but direct questions.

Time to Talk – 10 top tips:

  • Are they coping with personal care, housework and gardening?
  • Do they struggle with tasks, finding them more difficult than they used to?
  • Are there any obvious signs of things that need doing about the house such as piles of laundry or unopened post?
  • Is the house dirty and the garden overgrown?
  • Are they still able to bath/shower, wash their hair, shave and get dressed by themselves?
  • Are they taking the medication they need and are medicines clearly labeled, easily accessible and in date?
  • Are their clothes clean and appropriate for the weather?
  • Are they having problems with washing and drying their laundry?
  • Are they eating regular meals and is the food stored correctly?
  • Are they lonely?

A personal home carer can provide all the help they need with these tasks.

At Bunbury Care Agency we provide tailor made care services to help people live independently in their own home, along with companionship that can make all the difference to their quality of life.

Campaigning to help people remain living in their own homes

We are a home care agency based in Bunbury, Cheshire helping families predominantly across the North West and North Wales, although we are nation-wide.

Bunbury Care Agency is a member of the UKHCA (United Kingdom Home Care Association) and an associate member of SOLLA (Society of Later Life Advisers). SOLLA is the only association in the UK that can provide accredited financial consultants who can advise and assist people with the funding of elderly care.

UKHCA2 logo
SOLLA logo